Wednesday, March 09, 2005

And here we go...

Ok, so this is my first time "blogging". I guess I'm doing this cause it beats doing homework. Also I figured that since everyone else is doing it I should jump on the bandwaggon.

Perhaps now would be a good time to tell a little bit about me. I live in a little town called Mechancisburg in central Illinois. It's about 20 miles due East of Springfield. It's not a very big town, only about 500 people. At one point we had a flashing light at one intersection, but they shut it down cause it cost to much run. I guess the best thing we had was a gas station, but that too shut down not to long ago. We have a bank though, and what a bank it is. It's even got an ATM machine. We also have a fire department, which I'm a volunteer firefighter for. It's about the closest thing to excitment we have out here.

I haven't always lived in the north though. No sir, I'm a born and raised southerner. I was born in Portsmith, Virginia. Sometime after that my family moved from there to Florida (where my sister was born) then back to Virginia, then back to Florida. Why so much moving? My Dad was in the Navy. You get used to it I suppose. Once he retired though we moved to Illinois cause that's where he's from. My mom's from Georgia, by the way. If you really want to know, I think the north is ok, but its not the south. It's a whole nother world up hear. It's not that there's anything wrong with the north0. It's kind of like being raised in the ocean then moving to dry land. Maybe if I'm lucky God has plans to move me back south of the Mason Dixon line again, well see.

Speaking of God, hear's a fine time to talk about Him. Although I guess anytime is a good time to talk about Him. It wasn't until recently that I became what I would call a true Christian. I guess what made the turnaround for me was a thing called Christian Student Fellowship out at the University of Illinois at Springfield. If you haven't heard of UIS, don't worry, when we get our quad we'll be a real campus, then everyone will know. But back to CSF, its a really cool thing. When I first started going their last semester, what struck me was how the people who went their truly had hearts seeking after God. Now I know all sorts of awesome people, 3 of whom I will get to room with next semester!

Ok, I think that's enough blogging for one day. I have other things to do, like go to http://www.homestarrunner.com and wast time. Have a great day and God bless!

4 Comments:

At March 09, 2005 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah Hal!! We're glad you're part of the Inner Circle of blogging!!

 
At March 09, 2005 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Virginia really the South? I live in Tennessee but was thankfully born a Yankee and no one I know really calls Virginia the south. Now WEST Virginia, they have just enough hick accent to throw them into the "backwoods" category of America.

 
At March 09, 2005 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to jump on board Hal...but Livejournal's better!

 
At March 09, 2005 6:42 PM, Blogger Matt W said...

Hal.....


...has arrived.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home