Monday, March 21, 2005

Birthday Extravaganza

Insert: I think Mwall is about to flag me for a delay of blog, so I'm stopping programming and pulling this out of draft to finish it... Matt, this ones for you!

This week has been crazy. On top of spring break this week, there ended up being a three day celebration for my birthday. Woot for friends and family! So here we go...

On Wendsday, March 16 (my actual birthday) my parents took me out to Red Lobster. MmmMmm Good! They also got me a new digital camera. So now I'm a real blogger!


This is my dad and mom (excuse the bluriness... I was still learning the camera... GOSH!)


This is my new camera... I found out quickly that you should not use flash when taking a picture of a mirror.


That was pretty much it for night one. Night two got a little more cRaZy! 7 of us took a trip down to St. Louis to meet up with some friends for a night of eating at the Cheesecake Factory and line dancing.


Three of the cool guys who tagged along.


The only 2 girls who came. Also the two people who orchestrated this fiasco... from Florida no less!


Another cool guy who tagged along... apparently just to buy a movie.


After eating at the Cheesecake Factory (which was amazing) and racking up a 250 dollar bill, we decided not to go line dancing. That and all of us were full and none of us (except one) knew how to line dance. We ended up driving back to Mike's apartment and playing a good game of poker... which I lost.


Mike on the left getting his game face on and JK on the right counting the stash he probably took from me!


Oh and incase any of you are wondering how I can do all this, I mean stay out till 3:30 am and still drive home, let me let you in on my little secret...


24oz cup of coffee!


Finally, on Friday, the third night of my birthday, Kati organized something really cool. She had about 10 people stationed all around campus. I had to start at the first person, get the clue from them, then figure out where and to whom to go next. After I got through everyone it ended up we headed back to my house for pizza, cake and movie watching. We watched Ladder 49 by the way, which is an excellent movie.

So that's about everthing on my birthday. Once I get through some of this homework I will post again. Have a good one all!

2 Comments:

At March 22, 2005 6:07 AM, Blogger Gretchen Magruder said...

holy cow!!! Who gets 3 birthday parties?? You must be loved!

 
At March 25, 2005 10:25 PM, Blogger Matt W said...

Hey Hal, thanks for the post. I had the pitchfork and lamp burning to come find you and string you up if you didn't post soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home