Thursday, August 18, 2005

Packed and Ready to Go... Sort Of

Well, what began as a decision 8 or so months ago is finally happening... tomorrow. My car is loaded, the van is filled, and the time draws nigh. But I'm not so gung ho anymore about it. Infact I'm almost saddened. My actions bear the consequence of completely changing the dynamic of the relationship between me and my family. No more comming home and watching a little tv with mom and dad. No more telling them good night. It's all gone. My whole comfort zone for my entire life, vanishing right before me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for moving out, just didn't expect there to be any hesitancy. And I know my parents will always be there. I dunno. Typing this feels wierd... big strong (ex) firefighter who's gonna miss his mommy and daddy. But I will. My dad mentioned to me about regrets of things me and him never got to do when I was little. Not playing enough ball, hanging out as much as we could. Part of that stems from him being in the Navy and out to see for long periods of time. But I have never regreted my childhood. Infact I loved it.

I know, I'm rambling and am all over the place tonight. Please don't take this as me regreting moving to campus cause I don't. I need this. I really do. And I want to do it. I'm just tired from packing all day and this stuff has been heavy on my heart this week. Ok, time for me to get some rest before the big day tomorrow. Adios.

2 Comments:

At August 23, 2005 8:13 AM, Blogger dlaz said...

Hal= win

 
At August 24, 2005 2:03 PM, Blogger Matt W said...

OOOHHH, that's right. You're on campus now!

That means you need to update.


=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home