Monday, August 15, 2005

A Challenging Day at Work... WOOT!

Today was one of those days at work that totally rocked, but completely drained me. In the early afternoon I was given a task that the bank needed completed by 4:00 pm. The task proved very challenging. That, added to the deadline, made for an awesome day. It reminded me back to when I took CSC I and II at LLCC. Part of our tests were to complete a programming assignment within a specific time. I loved these assignments. It separated the people who could program from the people who could just memorize code and regurgitate it. It's thinking on your feet, being ingenious, and not stressing out and giving up when the clock runs down.

I guess all it is, is that I just love a challenge. Working at the bank for so long, things have become a little mundane. Not that that’s bad, but that every now and then I like a good challenge and today, out of the blue, I got it. It totally rocks…

But now I must continue packing… sigh…

2 Comments:

At August 15, 2005 7:20 PM, Blogger dlaz said...

Hal is the man!

 
At August 16, 2005 6:50 AM, Blogger Jeffffffffffffffff said...

I wish I had an assignment like that, I have so little to do, I'm reading your blog...

J/K about the reading your blog part of course HONEST!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home