Thursday, April 21, 2005

A Hypothetical Situation

Ok, so here is a hypothetical situation. Suppose your in class, lets say its CSC 385 - Data Structures and Algorithms. Now, lets say in this purely hypothetical situation you notice that the last time you used the restroom you forgot to buckle your belt. Remember that the last time you used the restroom was 3 hours ago, and you haven't noticed till now. However, no one has really noticed yet because you where your shirt untucked, being the hip and in style guy you are. Now, do you:

1. Go ahead a rebuckle your belt right in the middle of class.
2. Leave class with the fake cough need some water routine.
3. Wait till after class, head to the bathroom and finish the job you started 3 hours ago.
4. Other: please specify

Just a little hypothetical situation. If you girls want to chime in with your opinions, feel free.

4 Comments:

At April 22, 2005 4:37 AM, Blogger Gretchen Magruder said...

Hal, you crack me up!!

I think if it was distracting you that much, you should have gone with the coughing bit and taken care of things in the bathroom...

 
At April 23, 2005 11:48 PM, Blogger Aakash said...

I actually had two situations recently in which my belt was accidentally unbuckled... One was very recently; I don't remember where that was - the other was when I was up in front of about 15-20 people in the LRH Great Room at our CR meeting. Thankfully, due to my handy CR shirt, I don't think anyone noticed... I asked Mike about that afterwards, and that's what he indicated.

I'm against using deceptive tactics, so option #2 would not be good. I would probably just quickly rebuckled it while no one seemed to be looking.

Although, I think I like Mike's above-mentioned suggestion even better!
;-)


And also, I posted an entry shortly before going to ----'s sur----- p----. (Some of the text in it is hidden... Though there was little chance that he'd see it before coming back home, which he didn't.) I'm going to update that, perhaps with a photo from tonight's event... If I can get any.

Happy Birthday Jeff!

 
At April 24, 2005 2:13 PM, Blogger Matt W said...

You should proclaim to the class, "Oh look, my belt has been unbuckled for at least 3 hours! That was the last time I went to the bathroom anyway! No one must have noticed because I wear my shirt untucked, being the hip and in-style guy that I am!"

That is the way Hal Waggoner Jr. should do things.

 
At April 27, 2005 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Hal you're nuts! Just get up and head to the bathroom...it's not like you're in H.S. and need to ask permission to do anyhting....right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home